Reliable and intuitive mobile speed enforcement technology
Capture colour footage with our easy to install in-car surveillance solution.
ProVida 4000 combines high quality digital surveillance with the Home Office Type Approved (HOTA) Police Pilot speed measurement tool meaning it complies with the latest Home Office Manual Distance/Time Speedmeter Handbook, Publication No 55/04.
ProVida 4000, a standalone Visual Average Speed Computer and Recorder (VASCAR) system, overlays detailed information regarding incidents and crimes onto captured footage, which is available for you to download and, if required, present as evidence in a UK court of law.
- Calculates the average speed of a moving vehicle between 2 defined points, without the need to be in (or close to) the line of travel of the target vehicle
- Video can be displayed on an existing in-car monitor, combined with an in-car ANPR display or on a standalone monitor
- Video can be stored on the optional ProVida HDR or other recording devices
- The front facing Kestrel camera has an optical zoom lens and a built in switchable microphone to allow in-car audio recordings to be made
- Suitable for use in both single and twin crewed vehicles
- Upgrade options are available, contact us to find out more.
Petards ProVida 4000 can be configured to fit a wide range of vehicles and existing in car ANPR systems.
ProVida 4000 can be used in a moving or stationary vehicle with the target vehicle travelling in the same direction, in front of or behind the surveillance vehicle, meaning it can assist you with:
- Traffic management and monitoring
- Fixed penalty offences
- Mobile surveillance
- High speed pursuits
- Covert operations.
Support and accreditations
Trusted by police forces around the world
We offer full product support, training and maintenance packages for ProVida 4000.
The solution complies with all required legislation and standards, including BS EN 1SO 9001:2008 (FM21102), BS EN ISO 14001:2004 (EMS 534323)
and PAS 99:2012 (IMR 534323).
It also complies with:
- HOTA, Home Office Manual Distance/Time Speedmeter Handbook, Publication No 55/04
- The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, Regulation 109 compliant
- AES Specification 5, Issue 10, Tetra and Tracker.
- ProVida 4000 modular unit
- Zoom colour camera
- Hard drive recorder
- Remote control unit
- Optional 2nd rear facing camera
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology is referred to as Automatic License Plate Reader/Recognition (ALPR) technology in the USA and other countries.