Automatic Selective Door Operation
On-train digital technology designed to enhance passenger safety
Ensure the safe operation of passenger doors at short platforms.
The digital eyeTrain ASDO solution allows the flexible use of your fleet across peak and off peak periods, allowing longer trains to be immediately and safely deployed onto services where short passenger platforms are in place, maximising the availability of your rolling stock.
The system automatically combines multiple data sources to identify which doors should not open at each stopping point.
An in-cab display provides the driver with confirmation of the train location, the proposed door release pattern and the door interlock status. The driver can override the ASDO interlock pattern or quickly release all doors in an emergency egress condition.
- Fully autonomous vehicle based system
- Identifies train location using GNSS satellite input plus speed and distance measurement derived from the vehicle axes
- Avoids the need to fit costly beacons or balises to the track or infrastructure.
- Multiple unit operation with fully automatic train configuration.
The ASDO solution can also be combined with our eyeTrain Driver Controlled Operation surveillance system.
Support and accreditations
The first choice solution for train builders and operating companies for more than 20 years
You can rely on our highly skilled engineers to support you from the specification of your project, whether new build or retrofit, to the installation and lifetime support of our products (up to 30 years and beyond).
Our eyeTrain ASDO solution is safety accredited to SIL 2, complies with client approved development processes and:
- EN 50155
- EN 50121
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004 (EMS 534323)
- PAS 99:2012 (IMR 534323)
- The ‘Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme’ (RISQS)
(formerly Achilles Link-up)
- ISO 9001:2008 (FM21102).