Automatic Passenger Counting
Optimise fleet deployment
Improve passenger experience, safety and maximise the profitability of your fleet.
The ruggedised eyeTrain Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) solution can be used to prevent under and over occupancy and advise passengers of seat availability.
The digital system determines passenger flow in both directions through vertical infra-red detectors positioned at all vehicle doors, allowing the movement of passengers to be studied on a car by car and door by door basis.
The collected passenger load data is automatically combined with the vehicle name/number, station location plus time and date fields at a central data server, hosted by Petards Rail Technology or a third party, allowing you to set timetables and routes that match the measured passenger demand.
- Provides accuracy levels exceeding 95%
- Door by door counting possible, to identify carriages that are over and under occupancy
- Data collection and reporting allows analysis of fleet usage
- Third party access can be provided for specialised data analysis.
Support and accreditations
Petards eyeTrain products have the highest performance and resilience levels on the market
You can rely on our highly skilled engineers to support you from the specification of your project, whether new build or retrofit, to the installation and lifetime support of our products (up to 30 years and beyond).
Our eyeTrain Automatic Passenger Counting solution complies with client approved development processes and:
- EN 50155
- EN 50121
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004 (EMS 534323)
- PAS 99:2012 (IMR 534323)
- The ‘Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme’ (RISQS)
(formerly Achilles Link-up)
- ISO 9001:2008 (FM21102).